Earth Day is celebrated on the 22nd of April every year. Earth Day is celebrated to take care of our Mother Earth. Like every year we celebrate our Birth Day, Earth day can be called as the birth day of our Mother Earth. Mother Earth has given us this beautiful life, so it our responsibility to take care of our Mother Earth. These days because of heavy pollution we have felt huge disturbances in our nature like earthquakes, thunderstorms,tsunamis, untimely rains and snowfalls. On our Earth Day, lets try to reduce these disturbances in our nature by making our planet Earth more clean and beautiful.
All of us should follow a basic rule of 3R to keep our planet green and beautiful. These 3 R are
The first rule REDUCE says that we all should use less or only use whatever is required. We should not waste any of our natural resources like water, petrol etc.
The second rule REUSE says that we should use our things again and again like plastic bags or container or boxes. We should try to buy only nature friendly things which are biodegradable ones.
The third rule RECYCLE means that we should try to create new things from the old ones rather than just dumping them away. In many countries, government have strict policies for recycling things especially the electronic ones. Things like paper,plastic, metals can be easily recycled at the recycle center.
How to celebrate Earth Day ?
Each one of us can contribute in some way to reduce the water,air, sound and soil pollution to make our Earth a better living place. Here are some suggestions to celebrate the Earth Day.
- Plant trees in your nearby area or where ever possible.
- Use bicycle instead of motor vehicle to reduce air pollution.
- If you have a garden in your house, you can can create bio manure by composting the biodegradable things.
- Organize a plan with the friends to clean up the nearby park, or a fort or a beach.
- You can plan some environmental play to give a message to the society about the Earth Day.
- You can put up some bird nests as are they are also a part of our nature.
- Please do not use paper towels in your house or office. Always keep a handkerchief with you to wipe your hands or face.
- Please switch off your desktop monitor when not in use.
How children can help in saving Mother Earth
Children can also play a important role in protecting our Mother Earth. Here are some suggestions for kids to save our Earth.
- Use both sides of paper when you are writing something. This will reduce the paper usage and will save our trees.
- Always switch off the TV when you are not watching or switch off the fans when you are not in the room.
- Always throw the litter in the trash can only. If possible try to use different trash for biodegradable and non-biodegradable things.
- Don not waste water especially do not keep your tap running while brushing your teeth.
- Help in the recycle of paper,plastic or other things.
- Try to use bicycle to go to the school rather than using the school bus (only if your parents thinks it is safe to go by bicycle or by walking otherwise not)
I have been following these suggestions to make our Earth clean and beautiful. I hope, after reading this article you will also try to follow the above suggestions and will give your part to make our Mother Earth more beautiful. Every day is a Earth Day so lets follow these rules everyday.
You can also check out my last year blog on Earth day 2013. Here is the link :
If you liked this article, please provide your suggestions or feedback in the comment area below.
Happy Earth Day to you all… 🙂